Located on Goat Island in Narragansett Bay, Gurney's Newport Resort and Marina offers you a secluded island getaway from the hustle and bustle of downtown Newport while still being merely minutes away.
Newport is known for its breathtaking shorelines, gorgeous sunsets, sparkling waters, fresh seafood, world renowned sailing, and some of the grandest homes ever built in America. Whether you want to visit the mansions or museums, go to a vineyard, relax by the beach, or see the city by sailboat, you have it all at your fingertips.
At 257 Guestrooms and more event space than any other resort in Newport, Gurneys Resort & Marina is a popular destination for stylish gatherings, both social and corporate. The simple and subtle nautical themed rooms offer effortless luxury with high threadcount sheets, rooms with balconies and a sensuous view of the bay. Ample dining options are available to you around the clock, whether you want fine dining or a lite bite in a casual setting.
WHAT WE LOVE
- The Director of Fun whose job is, you guessed it! To make sure guests are enjoying themselves. He can book your yoga class, coordinate a bike ride, arrange a mixology session or anything else you may desire while staying at the resort
- The resort offers complimentary shuttles in the hotel’s Porsche Cayenne to downtown Newport or you can go via launch on the resort's boat which goes back and forth every 30 minutes or so.
- Full-service hair salon on site which means not having to go to dinner with beach hair.
- The recently renovated rooms, which are spacious and calming
- Tranquil views of the waterfront while you slumber peacefully on a king-size bed with ultra-plush pillows, supremely soft sheets, and thick down blanket
- Extra-large bathrooms with a granite countertop, jet-stream tub, and luxury bath amenities by Gilchrist and Soames add that extra touch
- Most of the rooms offer the highly sought after water views and balconies that make for a romantic sunset experience daily.
FOOD + DRINK
- Corso, the trendy Italian coffee bar in the lobby offers artisanal coffee selections as well as many delicious grab-and-go items like a salad, panini or yogurt parfait and is open daily.
- The Pineapple Club is open seasonally offering poolside drinks, lounge music & summer fare (think lobster rolls and locally caught fish tacos)
- Regent Lounge is open at 4pm for libations, raw bar items, small plates, and salads, etc.
- Scarpetta, the iconic Italian restaurant by LDV Hospitality. Open nightly year-round, the restaurant delivers signature classics such as the spaghetti and basil as well as seasonal dishes, fresh seafood selections sourced locally, and a world-class wine list.
THINGS TO NOTE
- Rooms generally run around $350 in the off-season to about $1100 in the height of summer
- Gurneys has Newport's only outdoor swimming pool and it is saltwater
- Yoga, Pilates, Barre, Spin, Water Aerobics, and many more classes offered daily to guests complimentary
Book your room here.