Novotel London Canary Wharf - This hip new 39 story property is the first of its kind for the Novotel brand. Located in the city’s bustling commercial district, the trendy Novotel property is walking distance from transportation lines, boutique shopping and tons of dining options. The hotel features an indoor swimming pool, cafe, rooftop terrace and contemporary restaurant on the 39th floor, boasting stunning 360 degree views of London (hands down best views of the city we experienced the entire trip) The innovative interior design sets this property apart from the traditional off the shelf Novotel hotels we’re so used to.
WHAT WE LOVE
- Spacious suites offering sweeping views of the city of London.
- The hotel’s involvement in the Planet 21 Program which focuses on local sourcing and water, energy and waste management.
- Urban design elements throughout the hotel inspired by the area’s Docklands' history. We love the industrial copper and grey textiles, distressed patterned rugs and teal velvet furnishings!
- The hotel pool which features innovative design and fluorescent ceiling lamps.
- The stunning turquoise and red landscape wall by Sam Peacock
- Homemade Honey from the hotel’s very own beehive!
- Novotel features 313 guest rooms including 26 designer style suites with stunning panoramic London views.
- The suites offer spacious living rooms separated by a floor to ceiling TV console, incredibly comfortable mattresses and bedding, two flat screen TVs and plenty of outlets right on the headboard.
- All guest rooms feature energy saving lamps and key card operated electricity and door locks.
- The subway tiled bathrooms have gorgeous matte-gold fixtures towel warmers. Nuxe products are available in the bathrooms, a sustainable skincare line from Paris.
FOOD & DRINK
- We dined at the hotel's award-winning restaurant located on the 38th floor of the hotel, Bokan. Our experience was truly phenomenal- fantastic service, quality ingredients, and sweeping city views.
- After being greeted with champagne, we enjoyed (almost all) of the modern European dishes on the menu. Our personal favorites: The Steak Tartare with miso and Organic chicken & foie gras served with black polenta and summer truffle and the Organic Pugliese burrata with Cornish beetroots, figs and Barolo vinegar.
- The Tiramisu ice cream, chocolate sable, coffee ganache, mascarpone was phenomenal!
- If you're on the go, be sure to stop by the lobby level cafe for coffee or a quick bite.
THINGS TO NOTE
- Rooms start at $146 per night
- The surrounding neighborhood is quiet and offers little to no tourist attractions
- The commercial district area surrounding the hotel is quiet with few tourist destinations but the short walk to the Canary Wharf Subway station on theJubilee Line, providing easy access to the City and all major attractions with direct trains to London Bridge station (10 minutes). The hotel is also a 6 minute walk to Herons Quay station on the DLR line.
- Keycard-operated door locks
- Air Conditioning
- Express check-out
- Free in-room mineral water
- Safe deposit box in room
- Sauna in bathroom
- Crib on request (paying)
- Flat screen TV
- Work desk in all rooms
- Coffee/tea making facilities
- Iron in room
- Complimentary WIFI