Located in the heart of Chelsea just walking distance from Madison Square Park sits New York's latest Wyndham property, Hotel Henri. This intimate, no-frills hotel is home to the Jazz Age penthouse bar, Sir Henri, offering craft cocktails & stunning 18th-floor views of Manhattan perfect for enjoying a cocktail overlooking Manhattan’s sunset. The contemporary boutique features dark corridors and theatrical design elements as well as a coworking space and lobby level restaurant Shay & Ivy.
WHAT WE LOVE
- Our experience at penthouse bar, Sir Henri was the highlight of our stay- the bar staff was very attentive. This is a fantastic spot to catch the sunset over Manhattan.
- The lower lobby has a darling co-working space and free coffee available.
- Location- Hotel Henri is just a few minutes walking distance from Madison Square Park and the NQR subway lines.
- The plush bathrobes in the guest rooms!
- Guests receive 10% off cooking classes at Eataly
- The guest rooms were underwhelming, to say the least. The minimal “urban” decor and dark walls made the room feel a bit lifeless.
- After 6 pm there was very little natural light and our room has no overhead lights. The only lighting available was the two bedside reading lamps, one of which flickered uncontrollably when I turned it on.
- The rooms offer a selection of treats and red wine for purchase and complimentary water bottles.
- The bedding and pillows were rather uncomfortable and rough.
- The bathrooms lacked basic amenities like Q-tips, cotton balls, and a nail file.
- Spacious work desks and ample luggage storage available.
FOOD + DRINK
- The hotel restaurant, Shay & Ivy, was not open for services, so we ventured to our favorite Italian market, Eataly, just down the block.
- Sir Henri is the intimate penthouse speakeasy on the 18th floor. The bar offers plenty of seating and an open-air terrace overlooking Manhattan. We recommend visiting during sunset hours before it gets too dark inside the bar. This is also a great date spot!
- Mixology master Gil Bouhana is responsible for the tasty elixirs concocted with locally grown, seasonal ingredients.
- Doors at Sir Henri open daily at 5pm
THINGS TO NOTE
- Rooms start at $159 a night
- The hotel charges $100 for late checkout.
- The hotel about three minutes walking distance from nearby NQR trains, Madison Square Park and various dining and shopping options
- Complimentary Wifi
- Flatscreen HD Television
- Room Service
- Coffe + Tea
- Working Desk
- Ironing board
- 24-hour reception
- Drycleaning Services
- Express Check-in/ Check-out