Boro Hotel: Long Island City’s design-forward boutique sleep situated alongside the East River, just three minutes from the nearest subway. The neighborhood's growing selection of shops and cultural destinations (like our personal favorites MoMa PS1 and the Oracle Club) provides guests with tons of nearby entertainment activities. The 108-room property features chic, minimalist rooms designed by Graywinski + Pons equipped with flat screen TVs, custom Italian bedding, and spacious balconies. Enjoy fresh bistro bites and daily happy hour menus at the hotel's very own modern American cafe. With the influx of high rises, art galleries and restaurants on every corner, it’s geting harder to ignore this flourishing Queens neighborhood.
WHAT WE LOVE
- 5 stars for service! The hotel staff was enthusiastic and accommodating - each employee truly made us feel at home.
- Walking into the lobby feels like entering an industrial warehouse that’s been (stylishly) converted into a living room, offering lots of seating space and a killer book collection.
- Our corner suite provided spacious accommodations with stunning views of the city. Floor-to-ceiling windows in the rooms allow for plenty of natural light.
- The rooftop bar is a must! Enjoy a delicious homemade breakfast or a sunset cocktail on the deck; come when you please, the roof is open 24/7.
- Contemporary interiors and simplistic design lend to the hotel’s “less is more” Scandinavian aesthetic we love.
- Sleep soundly on their custom designed beds featuring pillow top mattresses with plush Italian bedding specifically designed with comfort in mind.
- Rooms come equipped with Soundfreaq Bluetooth enabled radio alarms with dual USB charging ports and a Samsung flat screen with DirecTV.
- Most rooms offer private terraces, spacious bathrooms and amenities by the holistic Greek cosmetics line, Apivita.
FOOD AND DRINK
- The café offers delicious healthy breakfast items such as brûlée grapefruit, avocado toast and organic yogurt with seasonal berries and homemade granola. Be sure to order one of the pizza's on the dinner menu... you won't be disappointed. Hours: 7am-11pm daily.
- The lobby bar offers happy hour from 4-7pm which includes $5 Beer, $7 Wine and $10 Cocktails
- The rooftop bar boasts breathtaking views of the East River, Manhattan and the surrounding boroughs. We recommend enjoying your breakfast here!
- In room dining offers breakfast & all day menu from 7am to 11pm.
THINGS TO NOTE
- Rooms start at $299 a night
- The hotel is located in close proximity to the N & R subway lines
- The surrounding neighborhood is on the quiet side- perfect for those seeking a more relaxed accommodation
- Lobby lounge & library
- Complimentary hi-speed wi-fi
- Parking and car services
- Pet-friendly accommodations
- Fitness center
- Dry cleaning services
- Printing services